Family Insurance Solutions is a Vancouver based member of Economical Insurance. Economical Insurance is the insurer on all Family policies and is 100% Canadian owned and operated.
Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Team Leader, this position will ensure quality for Family’s enterprise system. This role will be responsible for test planning as well as reviewing, writing and executing test cases. In addition, the Senior QA Analyst is responsible for generating, analyzing, documenting and explaining test results. This position participates in the call escalation process, providing problem resolution for various system issues.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- Opportunity to work with an incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people
- Comprehensive benefits package, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP core contribution and matching and fitness subsidies
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 7 days paid personal leave to start, paid holidays and birthday leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charities
- Beautiful office located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit
- Mentor junior quality assurance team members in order to meet company goals.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, tools and methodologies, in order to make recommendations where applicable.
- Ability to manage and report on individual testing projects.
- Understand the processes or reports that ensure, or monitor, quality in our software systems in order to update during Team Lead absences.
- Create/maintain an automation strategy, including identifying test cases for automation and automating when appropriate.
- Create SQL queries in order to test, insert or manipulate test data.
- Ability to breakdown projects into smaller tasks that can be assigned to multiple resources. Ability to estimate task or components.
- Defining a test plan for a particular project and managing the detailed quality assurance tasks for that project through to completion. This plan will include communication and collaboration with other teams or stakeholders within the project.
- Ability to analyze requirements and create an efficient and comprehensive set of test cases that you or others will execute.
- Manage defects through the defect lifecycle. This will include performing root cause analysis and writing complete defect information.
- Provide operational support for business. This includes providing analysis of incidents and identifying, classifying and resolving unexpected system behavior.
- Must have certification in Quality Assurance (CAST / CSTE / CASQ / CSQA / ISEB / ISTQB, etc) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years testing experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with structure query language (SQL), preferably with SQL Server
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools, test case management tools and automation tools, preferably JIRA, Test Complete, and Visual Studios. Ability to set up / maintain / administer these tools as needed.
- A basic understanding of project management and task/resource allocation
- Preference will be given to an individual with experience in the financial industry
- Must have certification in automation testing or proven experience in test automation
- Availability for after-hours product installation support/testing
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume.
We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.