The Customer Service Representative (CSR), Billing’s key mandate is to provide customer service to our policyholders and brokers with respect to payments due for insurance policies. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys customer service, administrative tasks, and working with numbers.
The successful candidate notifies customers of delinquent accounts and receives and records payments from them. Most of the incumbent’s time is spent on the phone, fielding calls from customers and brokers and making payment arrangements. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to collect payments and support any account inconsistencies in order to facilitate swift payment of amounts due to the organization. This is an entry level position that will allow you to turn your customer service skills and numeric aptitude into an exciting career in either accounting or insurance. Family supports career development and pays for continuing education courses.
Opportunities for possible career advancement paths includes:
Who We Are
- Accountant (up to and including CPA)
- Insurance Broker
- Underwriter (CIP courses)
Family Insurance provides personal property and auto insurance protection for British Columbians and is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance, one of the largest insurance companies in Canada and 100% Canadian owned.
Our mission is to be the insurance partner Canadians choose to protect what they value most. As one of BC’s Top Employer for 2019, we strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- Competitive benefits, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP matching and fitness subsidies
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance. We offer personal leave, paid volunteer days and additional paid time off throughout the year
- Handle telephone inquiries from customers and brokers
- Advise customers and brokers about corporate billing and payment policies and procedures
- Provide exceptional and professional customer service
- Coordinate payment arrangements with customers that are in delinquent status, ensuring the timely recovery of all outstanding amounts owing
- Address disputes and provide necessary backup and documentation as required until the full debt is closed
- Build working relationships with internal departments to resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Generate and distribute payment overdue notices and collection letters
- Process daily notifications of missed/rejected payments from our bank
- Receive payments and process deposits (cheques, EFT payments, credit card payments)
- Accurately document payments received on the company’s systems
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied transactions
- Act as back-up to other team members as required
- The selected candidate must obtain a Broker Level 1 license within the first 30 days of employment (unless candidate already possesses this license). The full cost of the course, and the time taken to obtain the license, is covered by Family.
- At least two years direct experience in a customer service capacity, ideally with an experience in billing duties
- Mathematical aptitude
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts
- Advanced English to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume.
Family’s offices are located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks.
We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.