Technical Support Analyst III (Security Specialization)
The Technical Support Analyst III is responsible for system infrastructure on various system platforms. The incumbent has in-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications including security, SQL administration, and Exchange. This position also serves as Systems Security Administrator, working closely with internal leaders to ensure the security of company applications, utilizing data security standards and best practices.
This is a full-time permanent position working 9 hour shifts (7am to 5pm), 4 days per week on a monthly rotating schedule.
Who We Are
Family Insurance provides personal property and auto insurance protection for British Columbians and is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance. Founded in 1871, Economical Insurance is one of the largest insurance companies in Canada and is 100% Canadian owned.
Our mission is to be the insurance partner Canadians choose to protect what they value most. As one of BC’s Top Employers for 2019, we strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry.
Why You’ll Like It Here
Some of Your Responsibilities*
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- Compressed workweek (9 hour days, 4 days per week)
- Competitive benefits, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP matching and fitness subsidies
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance. We offer personal leave, paid volunteer days and additional paid time off throughout the year
* A detailed job description will be sent to all qualifying candidates.
- Provide tier 1 to 3 technical support for internal and external customers who utilize Family’s systems
- Participate in maintenance planning and performance management activities when required, ensuring the system platforms meet service levels defined by the organization
- Manage desktop/server hardware, operating systems and host applications. This includes administration, installation, security and problem resolution
- Manage system changes and tools, including installing, activating, verifying, and performing change back-out and recovery
- Maintain the company’s web-based point of sale architecture
- MS SQL Server and MS Exchange administration
- Analyze IT security requirements and develop recommended IT security plans, policies, procedures and standards for approval by management
- Implement, maintain, and monitor network security systems including switches, firewalls, servers, intrusion detection systems, wireless systems and VPNs
- Analyze requirements and designs security into server systems dealing with issues such as configuration hardening, patch management, and virus protection.
- Analyze requirements and design security for local and remote clients, dealing with issues such as authentication, virus protection, configuration management, patch management, and personal firewalls
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments and performs audits and reviews of IT security systems
- Implement and maintain contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures for use in response to system security breaches
Education and Experience
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and simplify procedures and find innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize regularly scheduled service activities along with urgent (often unscheduled) support requests with a high level of responsiveness
- Proven ability to be motivated and work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Technical degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a technical support environment
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Previous experience with customer phone support is required
- Strong understanding of business, industry and technical trends is an important asset
- CompTIA Security+, ISC SSCP, and Microsoft certifications are preferred, but not required based on level of experience
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Window Server/Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Active Directory Network environment, DNS, DHCP and DFS
- Microsoft SQL database administration, support and query knowledge
- Microsoft Exchange
- Network infrastructure, TCP/IP, routing, client/server architectures, LAN, WAN, VPN, VLAN technology, Wireless; 802.11a, b, g, etc.
- Desktop hardware and software including but not limited to Windows 7+, Office 2013+, and Bit Defender antivirus products
- Strong experience with working on Dell servers and RAID controllers
- Experience with Unitrends DPU, Hyper-V replication, SQL log shipping, Exchange DAG and relevant disaster recovery technologies
- Experience with switches, routers and site-to-site VPN technologies
- Experience with Firewalls, intrusion detection and associated technologies
- Experience with MS Remote Desktop Gateway
- Experience with configuration and administration of Dell EqualLogic SAN and iSCSI technologies
- Familiarity with IIS , FTP, SSL, load balancing and clustering
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with network printing
Qualified candidates are asked to please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for this opportunity and a copy of your resume.
We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.