Reporting directly to the Manager, Rating and Reporting, the Data Analyst is a member of the Data Management Team (DMT) and is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s proprietary data.
Who We Are
Family Insurance is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance. As one of BC's Top Employers for 2019, we strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry. Our insurance policies are distributed to British Columbians through a network of independent insurance brokers across the province.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP matching and fitness subsidies
- We are a company that values community, wellness and work-life balance. We offer personal leave, paid volunteer days and additional paid time off throughout the year
- Triage and analyze data issues reported from Family’s business units in a timely and appropriate manner
- Resolve data issues by creating SQL scripts that may be tested in a support environment and executed against the production environment
- Engage Development and QA team members as required to assist in production issues.
- Create, maintain and review database diagnostics, resolving and documenting identified data errors
- Provide regular proactive analysis of Family’s production databases to ensure data integrity
- Initiate change requests for data fixes for promotion to the production system
- Develop and maintain data structure knowledge in order to perform functions of role effectively and efficiently, including maintenance of the central repository of metadata (data dictionary)
- Ensure continuity across the Data Management Team by scheduling and chairing quarterly meetings. Distribute minutes at the completion of each meeting
- Mentor and train DMT members
- Document the DMT processes and procedures
- Ensure audit requirements with regards to data maintenance are strictly adhered to by all members of the DMT and notify management of any deviation to audit requirements Provide advice, assistance and quantitative analysis (decision making support) to the Business Support Services team
- Participate in the test preparation and execution of project specific data changes as requested
- Analyze and prepare broker/branch transfer scripts when requested by Marketing. Co-ordinate execution of the scripts with TSG and MIS teams
- Support the Company’s EFT process through the creation of the bank file and the creation and merging of the customer and payment transaction files
- Execute test cases using manual testing
- Manage defects through the defect workflow
Education and Experience
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Desire for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent operational and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and within timelines
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Typically holds a technical or college diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science, or some other related area of study or equivalent in experience.
- Must be proficient with MS Office
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Structure Query Language (SQL), preferably with SQL Server
- Previous experience in the Financial Services or Insurance industry is an asset
- Prior experience with PowerDesigner would be an asset
Family’s office is located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks.
We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.