Reporting directly to the Technical Services Group Team Leader, this position is responsible for system infrastructure on specific system platforms. The Technical Support Analyst I must demonstrate solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and utilities.
This is a full-time permanent position working 9 hour shifts (7am to 5pm), on a monthly rotating 4 day a week schedule (shift 1: Friday to Monday, shift 2: Tuesday to Friday, shift 3: Monday to Thursday). In addition, the incumbent must be available to work overtime, evenings and weekends as required.
Who We Are
Family Insurance provides personal property and auto insurance protection for British Columbians and is a managing general agent for Economical Insurance, one of the largest insurance companies in Canada and 100% Canadian owned.
Our mission is to be the insurance partner Canadians choose to protect what they value most. As one of BC’s Top Employer for 2019, we strive to be a provider of choice for auto and home insurance and an employer of choice in our industry.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- An incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people to work with
- We value work-life balance, employee wellness and giving back to the community
- We offer personal leave, paid volunteer days and additional paid time off throughout the year
- We provide competitive benefits, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP core contributions and matching and fitness subsidies
- Provide Tier I-II technical support for internal and external business users who utilize Family’s systems.
- When required, participate in planning and performance management activities ensuring the system platforms meet service levels defined by the organization.
- Basic Database administration of MS SQL Server databases.
- Managing printers, desktop hardware, operating systems and host applications. This includes administration, installation and problem resolution.
- Managing system changes and tools. This includes installing, activating, verifying, performing change back-out and recovery.
- Helping with backup monitoring and rotation of media.
- Basic Administration of the companies LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Must create and maintain detailed documentation of systems and network infrastructure.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on all systems.
- Basic administration of MS Exchange 2013 servers and Database Availability Group.
- Assisting in testing and maintenance of the IT disaster recovery procedures.
- Travel may be required for offsite support of remote users and broker community
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- The candidate must have a talent for analyzing problems, developing and simplifying procedures and finding innovative solutions
- Must be a self starter and is able to prioritize regularly scheduled service activities along with urgent, often unscheduled, support requests with a high level of responsiveness.
- Proven ability to motivate and work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Platform and Software Knowledge:
- Technical school degree or equivalent
- Microsoft certification is preferred, but not required based on level of experience
- Ideally, 1-3 years of experience in a technical support environment
- Good knowledge of Network Infrastructure, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS etc
- A good understanding of the business, industry and technical trends is an important asset
- Familiarity with switches and routers
- Previous experience with customer phone support is required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Window Server/Desktop Operating Systems
- Good knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is an asset but not required.
Family’s office is located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit. The company offers a supportive and collaborative work culture with great employee perks.
We would like to thank all candidates for showing interest in this role and our company; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.