Family Insurance Solutions is a Vancouver based member of Economical Insurance. Economical Insurance is the insurer on all Family policies and is 100% Canadian owned and operated.
Reporting directly to the Business Support Services Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for providing both operational and project related business analysis including business requirements capture and documentation. This position provides testing support as business needs require.
Why You’ll Like It Here
- Opportunity to work with an incredible team of smart, collaborative, and supportive people
- Comprehensive benefits package, including tuition reimbursement, RRSP core contribution and matching and fitness subsidies
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 7 days paid personal leave to start, paid holidays and birthday leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charities
- Beautiful office located in the picturesque Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, close to the seawall, Stanley Park, and public transit
- Build stakeholder trust by understanding business concepts, issues and opportunities.
- Facilitate problem solving discussions and general communication between business areas.
- Facilitate requirements gathering with a variety of stakeholders.
- Mediate differences in stakeholder perspectives to enable requirement consensus.
- Provide feasibility and cost benefit analysis support of project initiatives to the business units.
- Assist stakeholders to create project initiation or change request documents.
- Provide impact assessments for the project requests and assist other project delivery teams with details to provide their impact assessments.
- Provide advice, assistance and quantitative analysis (decision-making support), to the business units.
- Work with business users to capture and document business requirements. Maintain requirements that are comprehensive, accurate and unambiguous.
- Provide workflow analysis and documentation support to business units including process engineering, process control and standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with systems developers, quality assurance, and business users to ensure understanding and usage of business design documents and functional specifications.
- Facilitate communication between business users and Family’s project delivery teams to ensure a common understanding and consensus of technical solutions being implemented.
- Support the delivery of business requirements within the system delivery life cycle, including scope and issue & risk identification.
- Review test cases to ensure their accuracy and that they fully test the business requirements.
- Provide technical direction to business teams as they prepare and execute user acceptance testing.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of business analysis and work towards adoption for practice improvement at Family.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science
- 5+ years business analysis and software application development experience delivering large complex IT projects
- Hands on experience leveraging both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Excellent technical and business writing skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning, and investigative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful
- Must be self-directed - must work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment
- Willingness and initiative to assist quality assurance team when needed